Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can you feel the dancing?

As a teacher, I am accustomed to the students asking me to use the bathroom. I think I would be concerned if I was not asked to use the bathroom. With the population I work with. If they need to go, it has to happen. However, I was asked once to use the bathroom with a phrase so great I now use it when I have to go.

In the middle of a lesson a student raises his hand and says “Can I go to the bathroom, I feel the dancing coming on.” He then proceeds to do a little dance in his seat. Now mind you, I’m sure we have all seen the peepee dance before but for a student to acknowledge this was pretty fantastic.

I used to have a sign on my door for when the staff took the kids to the bathroom. It said, “We have gone fishing, we’ll be right back!” I preferred that then writing bathroom. The kids like it and it became our own little passcode. I now have a sign like this.


I would write more but you have to excuse me, I feel the dancing coming on..

1 comment:

*Bitch Cakes* said...

J - This is seriously my new favorite blog. And I *love* my sign! I can't wait to frame it and hang it! Thank you :)