Sunday, March 7, 2010

"No she has all her toes"

Quick little update for you:

So one of my students had, let's say stomach issues. The nurse called her father to come pick her up. Speaking with him in the hallway I mentioned that perhaps his daughter may be lactose intolerant because she had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and perhaps the milk reacted funny with her. The father's response, "No she has all her toes"
I swear I am not making this up. It took every morsel of self control to not release forth a hearty "bwahahaha" It is sad though to think this is what I deal with but it does make for a great story.

4 comments:

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Wow. That took me a second but WOW! It's shocking, then funny, then just sad.

sleepwalker said...

It just seems bad form to make fun of the literacy of students' parents on your blog. My rule of thumb is to never write something that you wouldn't want that person to read.

J. said...

Thank you for your comments. @sleepwalker -The stories posted are not meant as malicious but just some of the many absurd things i deal with as a public school teacher. I will take your comment into mind however and appreciate you reading my blog.

Anonymous said...

that was AWESOME. i am a middle school teacher and so appreciate good kid funnies.