Friday, November 11, 2011

The return of..."Overheard in Class"

Let me start with this.  

Seven Finger Salute
Yeah, one of my students decided to give this to one of his classmates.  While wildly inappropriate when asked what it was he replied, "An F.U.!"  Fair enough.  My reply was that if he was going to give someone the finger at least have the correct amount of fingers but because you always want to have a positive...At least it's symmetrical!

Shake a Leg!
So two of my students T1 & T2 were going very slowly to class when the paraprofessional who works with them exclaimed, "Shake a leg or we will be late!"  One student promptly hurried up and caught up to para while the other stopped and shook both legs.  I wish I was making this up!

The Purell Incident
So one of my students T1 offered me some hand sanitizer.  I accepted because it was nice of her to offer and quite social of her.  After she gave me some she said, "Now you are 99.9% germ free!"  She then offered to her friend T2 and while T2 was rubbing it into her hands the following discussion then took place.
T2: "This smells like alcohol!"
T1: "I don't drink"
T2: "Me neither, I don't want to get sick"
T1: "I just don't want to get drunk"

The empty stomach situation
So one of my students, B, vomited on the way to school.  He saw the nurse but mom came late to pick him up. So when she finally arrived and the office called me to bring him down.  B stood up and emptied, quite forcefully, the contents of his stomach.
Visibly upset, B exclaimed, "Oh no! How did that happen?" 
T2 just entering the room asked, "What happened?  What's that?" 
 B quite loudly exclaimed, "That's my vomit!"

Wah!
Me: "Why are you crying?"
T2: "Because of something that has nothing to do with me!  I should be minding my own business!"
I really must say that to her quite often!

Gender: ???
When filling out a form I asked my student what gender they were.  T1 replied, "Female something or  other"

As always, thank you for reading my blog!  Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it.