Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Overheard in Class..

So I'm putting together some work for a student I'm expecting to come into the room when one of my students T1 (see last post) says "We need to talk"  Ominous words and I get nervous when anyone says that to me.  So I sit down with her and ask what's up (expecting the worst).
T1: I was working in class when something fell out of my nose.  It landed on my hand and I didn't have a tissue.  It's ok though because I have hand sanitizer.
Me: That's good to hear.


Later in the Day.


T1: Would you like some hand sanitizer (she seem's fascinated with the stuff)
Me: That's ok I'm good
T1: Are you sure you aren't sanitized right now
Me: Well since you put it that way
T1: It's vanilla! (as she gives me some)
Me: Thank you
T1: Now you are sanitized


Forgot to post this last week:


One of my students was sick and came into school (same kid as projectile vomit but different day).  While waiting to be picked up to go home I worked with him on some homework.  As we are sitting there I begin to smell the familiar odor of passed gas.  I turn to him and ask if he needs to go to the bathroom.  He replies no.  I then ask if he passed gas.  He is quiet for a little then looks at me and says, "Maybe a little bit." I tell him that if he passes gas it is polite to say "Excuse me" A few minutes later he starts saying, "Excuse me... Excuse me... Excuse me..."Needless to say I took him to the bathroom.

CD of the Week:
Office of Future Plans - Self titled debut (go to the link to stream the album)
J. Robbins from one of my all time favorite bands Jawbox new bands debut album.  I love almost all of  the stuff released and produced by this guy but was a little nervous after not being over the moon with his last band's Channels releases.  This album does not disappoint.  I can tell I love an album when I'll play it over and over again in one sitting and not fast forward or skip tracks.  This does not disappoint, go get it now.  Stop what you are doing (finish reading this) and go get it and all of the Jawbox albums.



No comments: