Monday, September 27, 2010

the story continues...

wow the past few weeks have been crazy...We started by moving classrooms which was a challenge especially with only one day to get it set up. Yes it was stressful but i'm happy to have a new room, kids and staff. So far so good, once we get the schedule sorted i imagine it to be a relatively stress free time. Plus I also have a smart board which is AWESOME if you dont know what a smart board is check it out here

Since school has started I have heard some ridiculous things coming out of their mouths. Soooo, in no particular order, here are my favorite student quotes over the past 2 weeks:

1) The conversation

Me (to student): "Hey Buddy, who are you talking to?"
Student: "Myself"
Me: "Are you interesting?"
Student: "Yes, I'm very interesting"

2) Oh by the way before we go home...(yes i got told this as I was lining the students up to go home)

S
tudent: "mr. s my dad has only been to jail 1 no sorry 2 times he only hit a guy with a rolled up newspaper for stopping in front of him. I don't know why he went the other time."

3) The unintentional racist

Student: "Why do dark skinned people have weird names..."
Me: "That is not a nice thing to say, you could hurt someone's feelings, however to other people your name may be weird."
Student: "Nah I'm right"

This will be an interesting school year!!

1 comment:

jbarrett64 said...

The students seem pretty confident in their worldview.