Thursday, November 3, 2011

In absentia

For the past 2 weeks the sleepyteach has been serving Jury Duty.  This means a lack of posts.  I did get to go to work once in the past 2.5 weeks.  Jury duty was a fascinating experience and while although I did not agree with the outcome.  I do realize that evidence is a key factor in deciding if the defendant was guilty or innocent.  On October 12, I had to go to court street to see if I would be chosen.  They did show this video which truly reminded me of watching a Monty Python video.

It made me want to shout, "She's a witch!"  One of the highlights of jury duty was that I'm teaching myself how to knit.  All the ladies in the jury thought it was funny that I would knit during the downtime (and believe me their was a load of down time).

 I'm attempting to make a Doctor Who Scarf.  Overall it was a fairly boring experience and I'm glad that I don't have to do it again for another 8 years.  It was nice to sleep in a little as I was required to be in everyday by 10am.  I missed my students and believe me there were some amusing stories for me to share with you from my return to work.

No comments: